Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Best way to send document with exact fonts?

Is there a way that I can send a Word document so that the recipient
will see the exact fonts that I used even if they do not have those
fonts installed on their computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

Sure, print it to a PDF file and send that.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
:

Is there a way that I can send a Word document so that the recipient
will see the exact fonts that I used even if they do not have those
fonts installed on their computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Under Save Options, you can 'embed fonts', but it really bloats the
document, because it now includes font sets for every font type you use.
Obviously, this isn't a great idea for emailing! So as Ben suggests, PDF is
probably the best option. If you use Word 2007, you can download the free
PDF add-in for Office from the Microsoft Office support site.

One other alternative is that you can create your document, SelectAll and
then paste it into a free graphics utility such as IrfanView and save it as
a jpeg. Then open a blank email and use Insert, Picture with the advantage
that it cannot be edited by the recipient either. But again, the result is
going to be BIG.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can send a Word document so that the recipient
will see the exact fonts that I used even if they do not have those
fonts installed on their computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:18:25 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Under Save Options, you can 'embed fonts', but it really bloats the
document, because it now includes font sets for every font type you use.
Obviously, this isn't a great idea for emailing! So as Ben suggests, PDF is
probably the best option. If you use Word 2007, you can download the free
PDF add-in for Office from the Microsoft Office support site.

One other alternative is that you can create your document, SelectAll and
then paste it into a free graphics utility such as IrfanView and save it as
a jpeg. Then open a blank email and use Insert, Picture with the advantage
that it cannot be edited by the recipient either. But again, the result is
going to be BIG.

I downloaded the PDF add-on. It works pretty well. Thanks for that
pointer.

I also tried embedding the fonts. It didn't bloat the document too
much. Thanks for that as well.