Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rhino

Default Basic Mail Merge Question

I have a document that I wrote to produce a set of labels and it does a mail
merge. The merge works fine and the labels come out perfectly. I just want
to understand one thing.

Whenever I open the document, I get a warning message:

"Opening this document will run the following SQL command:

SELECT * FROM `Members2006` ORDER BY `SequenceNumber` ASC

Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

(YES) (NO)

When I press YES, I get a Microsoft Word dialog that says:

Membership_Cards.doc is a mail merge document. Word cannot find its data
source, C:\..\My Data Sources\Members.mdb.

(Find Data Source...) (Options...)

If I click on Options..., it offers to "Remove Data/Header Source" or
"Remove All Merge Info".

Neither of those is quite what I want to do.

My document is creating membership cards for my club and I want the document
to point to a data source whose name includes the current year. For example,
in 2006, I want the document to open a table called Members2006 in my data
source. But in 2007, I want the document to open a table called Members2007.
And so on.

Is that possible? If so, how do I do modify my document to do that? I'm
willing to use a macro if I can't do it any other way.

--
Rhino