Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

Default Unwanted page after section break

I have a landscape table as the last page of a document so I need to have the
section break at the end to maintain the landscape format for the section.
Unfortunately this causes an extra page to be created at the end of the
document. I've tried to make it a continuous page break instead of next page
but Word won't accept this and changes it to Next page break. I've also
tried the 1 pt font trick on the section break paragraph but that doesn't
work either. Is there any way to get rid of this extra page?
--
LAC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelley Shelley is offline

Hello,

I'm not sure if this will work, but have you tried making your top and
bottom margins smaller?
--
Thanks,

Shelley

"LAC" wrote:

I have a landscape table as the last page of a document so I need to have the
section break at the end to maintain the landscape format for the section.
Unfortunately this causes an extra page to be created at the end of the
document. I've tried to make it a continuous page break instead of next page
but Word won't accept this and changes it to Next page break. I've also
tried the 1 pt font trick on the section break paragraph but that doesn't
work either. Is there any way to get rid of this extra page?
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

Yeh, that was the first thing I tried. Let me know if you have any other
ideas.

thanks,
Linda
--
LAC

"LAC" wrote:

I have a landscape table as the last page of a document so I need to have the
section break at the end to maintain the landscape format for the section.
Unfortunately this causes an extra page to be created at the end of the
document. I've tried to make it a continuous page break instead of next page
but Word won't accept this and changes it to Next page break. I've also
tried the 1 pt font trick on the section break paragraph but that doesn't
work either. Is there any way to get rid of this extra page?
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

Suzanne,
That worked like a charm. Many thanks. Interesting article.
--
LAC

"LAC" wrote in message
I have a landscape table as the last page of a document so I need to have

the
section break at the end to maintain the landscape format for the section.
Unfortunately this causes an extra page to be created at the end of the
document. I've tried to make it a continuous page break instead of next

page
but Word won't accept this and changes it to Next page break. I've also
tried the 1 pt font trick on the section break paragraph but that doesn't
work either. Is there any way to get rid of this extra page?
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC LAC is offline

I just figured out another trick to get rid of the extra page and wanted to
share it. If the blank page after the landscape page is in portrait, go the
page set up with the cursor on the blank page and also make this page
landscape. Then delete the section break and the extra page goes away. This
worked after a table that was landscaped as the final text of the document.
--
LAC

"LAC" wrote:

I have a landscape table as the last page of a document so I need to have the
section break at the end to maintain the landscape format for the section.
Unfortunately this causes an extra page to be created at the end of the
document. I've tried to make it a continuous page break instead of next page
but Word won't accept this and changes it to Next page break. I've also
tried the 1 pt font trick on the section break paragraph but that doesn't
work either. Is there any way to get rid of this extra page?
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that duplicating the section properties, or at least the relevant ones,
before deleting a section is covered in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm (to which Suzanne
referred you in an earlier message in this thread).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP