Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
buttercup buttercup is offline

Default A booklet in Word to PDF

I am trying to convert a booklet to PDF. I want the pages to print singly in
order (1,2,3 etc)), not like they print as a booklet (1&8, 2&7, etc.). When
it converts as a booklet both pages appear on one sheet in the pdf file. I
know I can print the pages out individually because it has happened before, I
just don't know how to recreate it.
I use Word 2003, Acrobat Distiller 5, and am on an XP.
Thank you for your help.
Butercup
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Save a copy of the document in Word. In that copy, change the "Multiple
pages" setting from "Book fold" to "2 pages per sheet." This will not change
anything about the layout in Word except the order in which the pages print.
Then print to PDF from that copy.

http://word.mvps.org

"Buttercup" wrote in message
I am trying to convert a booklet to PDF. I want the pages to print singly
in
order (1,2,3 etc)), not like they print as a booklet (1&8, 2&7, etc.).
When
it converts as a booklet both pages appear on one sheet in the pdf file.
know I can print the pages out individually because it has happened
before, I
just don't know how to recreate it.
I use Word 2003, Acrobat Distiller 5, and am on an XP.
Thank you for your help.
Butercup

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Buttercup" wrote in message
I am trying to convert a booklet to PDF. I want the pages to print singly
in
order (1,2,3 etc)), not like they print as a booklet (1&8, 2&7, etc.).
When
it converts as a booklet both pages appear on one sheet in the pdf file.
know I can print the pages out individually because it has happened
before, I
just don't know how to recreate it.
I use Word 2003, Acrobat Distiller 5, and am on an XP.
Thank you for your help.
Butercup

I wasn't clear. I don't want 2 pages to one sheet. I want one page to one sheet. Like I did at http://www.cbsbettas.org/newsletters.html. But your instructions for putting them in order works great. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Ah, in that case it will be a little more trouble (and will waste paper).
You'll need to change the "Multiple pages" setting from "Book fold" to
Normal, change the page orientation to Portrait, and then add 1.25" to Top
and Bottom margins and 1.5" to left and right margins. (This assumes
Letter-size paper; if it's A4 or Legal, you'll need to calculate
accordingly.)

http://word.mvps.org

"Buttercup" wrote in message
I am trying to convert a booklet to PDF. I want the pages to print
singly
in
order (1,2,3 etc)), not like they print as a booklet (1&8, 2&7, etc.).
When
it converts as a booklet both pages appear on one sheet in the pdf
file.
know I can print the pages out individually because it has happened
before, I
just don't know how to recreate it.
I use Word 2003, Acrobat Distiller 5, and am on an XP.
Thank you for your help.
Butercup

I wasn't clear. I don't want 2 pages to one sheet. I want one page to one
sheet. Like I did at http://www.cbsbettas.org/newsletters.html. But your
instructions for putting them in order works great. Thanks.

A5 booklet in Word 2007 [email protected] New Users 1 January 13th 09 02:11 PM
Word Booklet thegrayghost Page Layout 1 December 3rd 08 04:48 PM
Word 2007 booklet Pam Page Layout 4 May 5th 07 05:04 PM
How to print a Word booklet same as 1/4 page Outlook booklet? MGlaeske Page Layout 0 September 27th 06 07:00 PM
Booklet printing in word? John Alexander Microsoft Word Help 3 April 21st 05 02:00 PM