Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wornout mom wornout mom is offline

Default sending as a pdf but not saving as a pdf

Our office just went to Office 2007. In word 2003, you could send a word
document as a pdf but didn't have to save it as a pdf. Word 2007 is not
letting me do this. Is this a change? or am I doing something wrong.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Word 2003 wasn't doing that, Talk to your IT dept and ask them what program
that was.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wornout mom" wrote in message
Our office just went to Office 2007. In word 2003, you could send a word
document as a pdf but didn't have to save it as a pdf. Word 2007 is not
letting me do this. Is this a change? or am I doing something wrong.

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2003 and 2007 have no ability to create PDF files. Both require an
add-in or third party PDF application
If you have (say) Acrobat installed to create your PDF files, then its
add-in requires the documents to be saved as a document first.
If you are using the Word 2007 PDF add-in, this works in an entirely
different way and if you Send as PDF it creates a PDF file on the fly and
attaches that to your e-mail message. The original document does not require
saving to achieve this.
The answer lies with the PDF software you are using.

wornout mom wrote:
Our office just went to Office 2007. In word 2003, you could send a
word document as a pdf but didn't have to save it as a pdf. Word
2007 is not letting me do this. Is this a change? or am I doing
something wrong.

Thank You

sending a fax ShawnId Microsoft Word Help 7 February 7th 08 06:16 PM
Saving mail merge template not saving setting in address block Luvsql Mailmerge 7 June 12th 07 06:57 PM
saving word document that will execute link after saving CharlieW Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 07 10:33 AM
sending Fax Karim Refai Mailmerge 1 September 22nd 06 02:15 PM
When saving document the saving box always appiers under the docum Yarek Microsoft Word Help 3 June 24th 05 12:16 AM