Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holly Holly is offline

Default How to copy screen to clip board. Print screen NOT working

Peviously I have used screen dump to copy to WORD usually to demonstrate to
a colleague how to do something using drop down menus.
My lap-top (HP PAvilion) screen dump key is not putting anything on the clip
board.
However I can cut and paste as usual in WORD. I have tried using alt and
ctrl with the prt sc button. I do not want to download yet another programme
to my slow lap top just to do this simple function which was available on
much less sophosticated computers! Hope someone can help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That sounds like you have a Windows issue, nothing to do with Word.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Holly" wrote in message
Peviously I have used screen dump to copy to WORD usually to demonstrate
a colleague how to do something using drop down menus.
My lap-top (HP PAvilion) screen dump key is not putting anything on the
clip
board.
However I can cut and paste as usual in WORD. I have tried using alt and
ctrl with the prt sc button. I do not want to download yet another
programme
to my slow lap top just to do this simple function which was available on
much less sophosticated computers! Hope someone can help me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:38:01 -0700, Holly wrote:

Peviously I have used screen dump to copy to WORD usually to demonstrate to
a colleague how to do something using drop down menus.
My lap-top (HP PAvilion) screen dump key is not putting anything on the clip
board.
However I can cut and paste as usual in WORD. I have tried using alt and
ctrl with the prt sc button. I do not want to download yet another programme
to my slow lap top just to do this simple function which was available on
much less sophosticated computers! Hope someone can help me!

On some keyboards you have to toggle F-Lock off before PrtScn
will work.

bb,
p.
--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness