Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gringo Gringo is offline

Default Desktop shortcuts to Office files not working

The desktop icons for both .doc and .xls files give error message that
program cannot find the file. Word or Excel opens and then I can click on
the icon and file will open or they will open from the open menu within the
program. They have worked in the past but suddenly stopped. Deleting the
icon shortcut and resending it from explorer do the same. I have run Norton
Registry Cleaner and no change.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gringo Gringo is offline

"Gringo" wrote:

The desktop icons for both .doc and .xls files give error message that
program cannot find the file. Word or Excel opens and then I can click on
the icon and file will open or they will open from the open menu within the
program. They have worked in the past but suddenly stopped. Deleting the
icon shortcut and resending it from explorer do the same. I have run Norton
Registry Cleaner and no change.

I received an e-mail from MS that I had a reply and a link to click to view
it and rate it. The link does not work and going to my original post there
is no reply. What is going on with MS?