Nospam

Default 2 questions

Please help with 2 questions. I'm using Windows XP Professional and MS Word
2002.

1) For a while, when I highlighted a section of text, I simply pressed the
delete key and the text was gone. That's what I'm used to. Now, for some
reason, when I highlight text and hit the delete key, I get a confirmation
request to confirm the delete. How did that creep into Word, and how do I
revert to the delete without confirmation?

2) I moved from Windows 2000 and Word 2000 to Windows XP Professional and
Word 2002. On my old computer I have some macros and keyboard shortcuts that
I'd still like to use. How do I retrieve them from the old computer? I can
still access the box through the company network.

Thanks! --Arthur

1. On the General tab of Tools | Options, clear the check boxes for both
items that refer to WordPerfect.

2. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm for general
information on where such customizations are stored and how to transfer
them.