Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jogger1

Default How do I navigate a document from the TOC or Index?

I believe there is a keystroke, or sequence of keystrokes, that make a TOC
or Index entry "clickable"., thus allowing you to jump to the item in the
document that is being referenced. Any idea how this is done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

By default the table of contents will be an active hyperlink to the actual
page if you use heading styles to generate the TOC.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Jogger1" wrote:

I believe there is a keystroke, or sequence of keystrokes, that make a TOC
or Index entry "clickable"., thus allowing you to jump to the item in the
document that is being referenced. Any idea how this is done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The page numbers in a TOC field are hyperlinked in all Word versions. The
entire entry is hyperlinked by default in Word 2000 and above; the option is
selectable in Word 2002 and 2003. To make entries hyperlinked if they are
not already, view the TOC field code (Alt+F9), add the \h switch, and then
Alt+F9 again and F9 to update. In Word 2002 and 2003, the links won't be
truly "clickable" unless you have disabled "Use CTRL + click to follow
hyperlink" on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"Jogger1" wrote in message
I believe there is a keystroke, or sequence of keystrokes, that make a

TOC
or Index entry "clickable"., thus allowing you to jump to the item in the
document that is being referenced. Any idea how this is done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jogger1

Wow, finally a place on the planet where you aren't punished for being dumb.
Thanks people!