Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tikchye_oldLearner57

Default all office applications "quit"

dear community

I am puzzled over my office applications programs. During the early part of
the day i was working with my Word application and it was all OK. After
shutting down my PC for lunch break, when I re-started my PC and was about to
continue doing my work in Word, suddenly the Application "quit" automatically
on me immediately before I can start using it. I tried on the other
Applications, Excel, PPT, and Outlook and all just wanted to "quit".

Can anybody please help me to solve this sudden "disaster"

I am using Office 2000 version

thanks in advance
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If (and only if) you are using Windows XP...

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
the script.

A revised version of the 908531 update was released on April 25 that
supposedly interacts better with the older HP and nVidia software. You can
download the revised update from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx.

Some people may suggest that you uninstall the 908531 update, or rename the
c:\windows\system32\verclsid.exe file. Doing either of these things will
leave your computer vulnerable to the security issue described at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx. You should
only uninstall these if the revised patch causes the same problems and the
registry edit doesn't help (Which is true only for a small number of users).
To uninstall you use the Add/Remove Software Control Panel. (Make sure the
"View Updates" checkbox is checked.)

For the latest info, see http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx.

The text of this message was lifted from other posts, primarily those of
garfield-n-odie.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tikchye_oldLearner57" wrote
in message ...
dear community

I am puzzled over my office applications programs. During the early part
of
the day i was working with my Word application and it was all OK. After
shutting down my PC for lunch break, when I re-started my PC and was about
continue doing my work in Word, suddenly the Application "quit"
automatically
on me immediately before I can start using it. I tried on the other
Applications, Excel, PPT, and Outlook and all just wanted to "quit".

Can anybody please help me to solve this sudden "disaster"

I am using Office 2000 version

thanks in advance
--
oldLearner57