Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Rob is offline

Default drop down arrows only show up when in the field

Is there any way to format a drop down list on a form so that the drop down
arrow appears all the time, and not just when you tab or click into that
field? I'm trying to give my users an idea of which fields are drop down
versus free text.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, not if you're using a protected form and dropdown formfields.

If you change the template to display a userform
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm) and just
insert the resulting values into the document, the dropdowns in the userform
do always show the arrow by default (although it can be hidden). A userform
also simplifies the job of validating users' entries. It has the relative
drawback of requiring users to allow macros to run.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman