Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

Default Microsoft Fluent User Interface

Funny old world 'innit.

The new all singing, all dancing ribbon bar is supposed to make working in
word easier, from my perspective it makes working far more time consuming.

Thus:
Instead of it being the Microsoft Fluent User Interface, I shall
henceforth refer to it as the Microsoft Effluent User Interface.

I have a vague recollection reading somewhere there's a lot of the
effluent UI in Windows 7 Menu bars. ;-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
Funny old world 'innit.

The new all singing, all dancing ribbon bar is supposed to make working in
word easier, from my perspective it makes working far more time consuming.

Plonk. Idiot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
Gordon wrote:

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
Funny old world 'innit.

The new all singing, all dancing ribbon bar is supposed to make
working in word easier, from my perspective it makes working far more
time consuming.

Plonk. Idiot.

Thanks you are so kind. :-)
You could be right, but it doesn't change the fact that Word has now been
over developed to the point where usability is starting to go backwards.

Oh, I shall have to continue using it as I don't have much choice, but it
does take longer to get things done.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid