Cyndie

Default Hyperlink problem

I've created a document in word that contains multiple
hyperlinks to other word documents in the same directory.
I am able to use the hyperlink just fine, however, my co-
worker is not able to on her PC. When she clicks on one
of the hyperlinks that links to another word doc she gets
a virus warning (I do not get the warning). When she
clicks okay to open the doc, nothing happens. Word just
hangs and idles. We are both using the same version of
Word 2002.

I've tried to troubleshoot and found that when the path
for the hyperlink excludes the document name and only
references the location it seems to work. For example
using this path without explicitly declaring the document
seems to work: \\Itsfiles\files\grphome\D723
\Products\DataCatalog\ file://
\\Itsfiles\files\grphome\D723\Products\DataCatalog \

However, if the document name is given in the path,
\\Itsfiles\files\grphome\D723\Products\DataCatalog \Data
file://\\Itsfiles\files\grphome\D723
\Products\DataCatalog\Data Catalog.doc, it does not
work.

Hyperlink Problem Rob Microsoft Word Help 2 April 11th 05 03:44 PM
Hyperlink Problem Ross Payne New Users 1 March 24th 05 01:34 AM
Hyperlink in Word Attachment ashbronj Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 05 06:59 PM
Attaching Expansion Pack to Word Documents - Puzzling Problem Jose Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM
Hyperlink linking to web problem Larissa Microsoft Word Help 0 December 17th 04 03:25 PM