Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
How would you get examples of poems? How would you get examples of poems? is offline

Default Does anyone have examples of poems?

Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps by Googling on a poet's name when your Internet is working.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know
where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:33:01 -0800, How would you get examples of
wrote:

Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Most communities spend quite a lot of money on institutions called
"libraries". They have lots of books, and some of those books contain
poems. They also have an index, which can actually be used when you're
in the library and not on the Internet (although many of them can be
reached from the Internet, too).

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that schools taught people how to
think...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I spent many hours thumbing thru the card catalog. Like the Internet, there
were many chances to discover something new by just flicking to the next
card.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

wrote:

Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know
where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Most communities spend quite a lot of money on institutions called
"libraries". They have lots of books, and some of those books contain
poems. They also have an index, which can actually be used when you're
in the library and not on the Internet (although many of them can be
reached from the Internet, too).

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that schools taught people how to
think...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that schools taught people how to
think...

Margaret are you grieving over golden grove unleaving?

it's just anno domini, old chap ... schools were always dreadful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesn't.

wrote in message
Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know

where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

Yesterday upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
Gee, I wish he'd go away.

Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
| Roses are red,
| Violets are blue.
| Some poems rhyme,
| But this one doesn't.
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
| all may benefit.
|
| "How would you get examples of poems?" How would you get examples of
| wrote in message
| Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know
| where
| to find any examples when my internet isn't working.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah R Sarah R is offline

Once upon a Monday dreary, while I pondered, blank and bleary,
Over many a bold and brazen demand for homework graft --
While I scanned it, nearly napping, suddenly there came a wrapping,
As of some one's ungentle yapping, yapping at my forum shaft --
" 'Tis some poster," I muttered, "flapping at my forum shaft --
Only this was how I chaffed."

-- Sarah