Default Watermark + fill-in cells + multiple pages + I need some help!

Hello,
I am trying to create templates for some commonly used legal forms,
such as Summons, Subpoena, etc. Some of these forms are two pages.

I have scanned the forms and put the image into the header. I have
created some tables, using the draw-table tool. The idea is for the
user to type in the cells to "fill-in" the information. Then print.
So the tables and cells have to stay in a permanent position, to match
the underlying graphic.

I'm having trouble getting the cells & tables to stay where I want
them. How to I lock them down?

Using Word 2000.

Thanks!

*(((({

Margaret Aldis

In Word 2000 and later you can set the position of the table to "float". Use
Table Table Properties to set the text wrapping to "Around". Then click
the Positioning button and set the position relative to the page or margins
(Move with text Off). (Pre Word 2000 you can do the same thing with the
table within a frame.)

If the table runs over two pages, you may need to split it manually in order
to position the part on the second page as you want it.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"*((({" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to create templates for some commonly used legal forms,
such as Summons, Subpoena, etc. Some of these forms are two pages.

I have scanned the forms and put the image into the header. I have
created some tables, using the draw-table tool. The idea is for the
user to type in the cells to "fill-in" the information. Then print.
So the tables and cells have to stay in a permanent position, to match
the underlying graphic.

I'm having trouble getting the cells & tables to stay where I want
them. How to I lock them down?

Using Word 2000.

Thanks!

*(((({

Margaret Aldis

Hi Fishy - answers in-line:

"*((({" wrote in message
Thank you, Margaret.

Q1: Do I presume correctly then, that "float" means "text wrap =
around" ???

"Float" is Word-ese for what pictures (and by extension, other things) do
when they are in the drawing layer rather than in the text story - see
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

(Actually I don't really like the term as different automatic typesetting
systems use it in rather different ways - it always means the figure moves
independently of the text, but the functionality and rules available can be
quite different from Word's offerings g.)

Q2: Can I make these options the default and store them in a
"floating table" template so they activate automatically when I make
other similar forms?
If so, how to make them default?

In Word 2002 you can set some Table Properties using Table Styles, but I'm
pretty sure you can't set positioning in the style. In Word 2000 and for
general sanity the best idea is probably to save a copy of a basic table
form as AutoText, then bring it in and edit it where you need it. Or perhaps
better set yourself up a generic template with a table in place, from which
you can create new specific forms as you need them?

Another option would be to set up a macro to change the properties and
position of a selected table - handy if you already have the tables, but
need to change them all.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:25:11 +0100,
"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

|In Word 2000 and later you can set the position of the table to "float".
Use
|Table Table Properties to set the text wrapping to "Around". Then click
|the Positioning button and set the position relative to the page or
margins
|(Move with text Off). (Pre Word 2000 you can do the same thing with the
|table within a frame.)
|
|If the table runs over two pages, you may need to split it manually in
order
|to position the part on the second page as you want it.

Hi Margaret,
Good answers.
In making a "form template" I don't want to set the size or
position of the tables. Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I'm hoping
to accomplish.
I want the default for tables to be:

no borders
float
font size and placement
set/lock tables relative to page position

Is it possible to set any of these things into a template?

Thanks!

*(((({

Then every time I bring up that template, I could insert the
watermark and start drawing floating

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:03:03 +0100,
"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

|Hi Fishy - answers in-line:

.. .