Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Scott Scott is offline

Default Duplicate Parts of Doc

I'm creating a document to compile meeting minutes. The document is divided
into three sections:

1) Title - date, time, facilitator

2) Topic - a table including an area for the presenter, discussion,
conclusion, action items

3) Special notes

My plan is to save the document as a form which would include 1 Title, 1
Topic and 1 Special Notes section. However, I'm hoping there's a way form the
person completing the form to dynamically add another "Topic" section if more
than one topic is covered in the meeting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"Scott" wrote:

I'm creating a document to compile meeting minutes. The document is divided
into three sections:

1) Title - date, time, facilitator

2) Topic - a table including an area for the presenter, discussion,
conclusion, action items

3) Special notes

My plan is to save the document as a form which would include 1 Title, 1
Topic and 1 Special Notes section. However, I'm hoping there's a way form the
person completing the form to dynamically add another "Topic" section if more
than one topic is covered in the meeting.

The type of document you are writing about does not really lend itself to a
Protected Form format. Too much free writing and too many unpredictable
situations too handle. A form is better suited for a document where the user
only has mostly short bits of text to enter, like a Registration form and the
like.

Just make sure your document is well structured (using tables as you are may
help) and that you use styles appropriately.

Just my 2 cents!

How Do I split landscape into 2 parts!!?? Gillian7117 New Users 3 May 6th 23 02:47 PM
Quick Parts Vicky Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 07 08:36 PM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM
how to set certain parts of a doc. as changeable kb Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 05:30 PM
SPARE PARTS caribbean girl Microsoft Word Help 1 April 5th 05 05:27 PM