wmcdan9569

Default How to automatically update TC field "marked text"

I've inserted a TC field to suppress page numbering for specific TOC entries.
But, when a change is made to the marked text the change is not reflected in
the TC field. Is there anyway, other than a manual copy and paste, to have TC
field marked text update when the target text is changed?
Stefan Blom

You can bookmark the text you want in your TC field and then,
rather than typing the text, insert a cross-reference to the
bookmarked text in the TC field code. With field codes displayed,
you would get something like this:

{ TC { REF bookmarknamehere } \l 1 }

However, I must admit that I don't understand the connection
between using TC fields and suppressing page numbers in the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom

"wmcdan9569" wrote in
message
I've inserted a TC field to suppress page numbering for

specific TOC entries.
But, when a change is made to the marked text the change is not

reflected in
the TC field. Is there anyway, other than a manual copy and

paste, to have TC
field marked text update when the target text is changed?

Stefan Blom

Thank you for clarifying this. (If I had read the help file, I
would have discovered immediately that the \n switch is available
for the TC field, too.)

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Even if you haven't suppressed page numbers for a given level

in the TOC,
you can suppress the page number for a specific TOC entry at

that level by
using the appropriate switch in a TC field.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Update field codes automatically, such as filename/path. jstogryn Mailmerge 1 March 25th 05 10:22 PM
Filename field in header - automatically update? Paul Kraemer Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 09:01 PM
help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM