Libi

Default AutoCorrect for punctuation

I can't create an autocorrect to replace two spaces after
a period by only one space as it should be now. As soon as
I press the spacebar, the Add button of the AutoCorrect
dialog boxes becomes unavailable.

I know about the grammar settings that you can configure
regarding this but it simply adds the green wavy underline.

The alternative I found is to create a macro that does
what I want and I run it everytime I finish a document.

Does anyone know of a way to add this autocorrect?
Jay Freedman

Libi wrote:
I can't create an autocorrect to replace two spaces after
a period by only one space as it should be now. As soon as
I press the spacebar, the Add button of the AutoCorrect
dialog boxes becomes unavailable.

I know about the grammar settings that you can configure
regarding this but it simply adds the green wavy underline.

The alternative I found is to create a macro that does
what I want and I run it everytime I finish a document.

Does anyone know of a way to add this autocorrect?

Hi Libi,

No, there is no way to do this in AutoCorrect, because the space and
puctuation are the triggers for autocorrecting other things. The macro is
the way to go. As an additional convenience, you could write macros that
intercept Print and Save commands and call your first macro before printing
or saving (http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...tSavePrint.htm) so it
becomes automatic.

--
Regards,