Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Style Shortcuts and Lost Functionality

I'm using Word XP.

I got clever and changed shortcuts for two styles:
Emphasis style -- Ctrl + i
Strong style -- Ctrl + b

Very nice. Now I'm no longer ever doing direct formatting.

HOWEVER, when I use Find/Replace, I can no longer search for
bolded or italic text. The shortcuts won't work in that dialog box.
I use those search limiters often.

So I killed off my template and lost all my other really good
customizations, and started over. I think it took less time than
trying to track down the right tweak to apply, and I had to get
something out.

Is there a way to use these shortcuts to apply those styles,
and KEEP the ability to filter for bold or italic in Find/Replace?

Thanks!

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
*((( ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi *(((,

I'm using Word XP.

I got clever and changed shortcuts for two styles:
Emphasis style -- Ctrl + i
Strong style -- Ctrl + b

Very nice. Now I'm no longer ever doing direct formatting.

HOWEVER, when I use Find/Replace, I can no longer search for
bolded or italic text. The shortcuts won't work in that dialog box.
I use those search limiters often.

So I killed off my template and lost all my other really good
customizations, and started over. I think it took less time than
trying to track down the right tweak to apply, and I had to get
something out.

Is there a way to use these shortcuts to apply those styles,
and KEEP the ability to filter for bold or italic in Find/Replace?

In the FIND dialog box, click "More". Click the "Format" button and
choose "Style". Select the style name for which you want to search...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org