Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Default No footer in last section

I have a document with 137 pages in 23 sections. The last section, however,
will not let me put a footer on it. I've tried going in through the footer
in the previous sections, but when I get to that appendix, nothing. I can't
open it, I can't paste anything there. Just nothing.

I got around this problem (by putting a new section break before the bad
one, moving everything into the new section, and leaving the last section
empty), but I'm wondering why it happened in the first place. Anybody have
any ideas on this one? I've experienced the same thing a time or two before.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

My guess is that you have one or more continuous section breaks that you are
not seeing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Idaho Word Man" wrote in message
I have a document with 137 pages in 23 sections. The last section,
however,
will not let me put a footer on it. I've tried going in through the
footer
in the previous sections, but when I get to that appendix, nothing. I
can't
open it, I can't paste anything there. Just nothing.

I got around this problem (by putting a new section break before the bad
one, moving everything into the new section, and leaving the last section
empty), but I'm wondering why it happened in the first place. Anybody
have
any ideas on this one? I've experienced the same thing a time or two
before.

Thanks.

How do I create a different footer in the last page of a section? CrochetRed Microsoft Word Help 4 October 24th 05 05:08 AM
Pick Up Section/Subsection Number In Footer And Section Name In He Louis Microsoft Word Help 1 August 19th 05 03:56 PM
Section Name in Footer Pauba New Users 6 February 10th 05 02:45 PM
Different footer in new section? Morris New Users 1 January 3rd 05 01:23 PM