Pete DeKalb

Default Section Break troubles

I deleted 2 pages of a 4-page document and I now have a section break at the
end of the document which causes there to be a blank 3rd page. When I remove
the section break (to get rid of the blank 3rd page) it completely screws up
the formatting of the entire document. Help!

Margaret Aldis

As you've found, you can't simply remove the section break because section
breaks store all the page layout information for the section *above* the
break. For a full explanation and instructions for how to get rid of a
section break at the end of the document see he

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...thSections.htm

In your document, if page 2 is not completely full, you might be able to get
away with just changing the last section to be continuous start - put your
cursor at the end of the document and use File Page setup Layout to
change the section start.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Pete DeKalb" wrote in message
I deleted 2 pages of a 4-page document and I now have a section break at
the
end of the document which causes there to be a blank 3rd page. When I
remove
the section break (to get rid of the blank 3rd page) it completely screws
up
the formatting of the entire document. Help!

Richard Neville

There are a couple of things that may work. Turn on Show Paragraphs, and
look for a paragraph mark on page 3; delete it if you find it and this
should make to section break superfluous.

If this fails, select all the text down to but NOT INCLUDING the section
break; copy and paste it to a new document.