Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Imani Imani is offline

Default .docx file icons missing.

The usual .docx icon for Word 2007 files has been replaced by a generic
blank page icon with the Word icon in its center. The file still opens
correctly, but it nags me not knowing what caused this.

I've tried a system restore and even letting Windows rebuild the icon cache.
The icon for Word 2003 .doc files is normal and all other Office 2007 files
seem to have the correct icons as well.

Windows Vista SP2
Office Word 2007