Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] theresaluff@gmail.com is offline

Default If fields for comparison

I am trying to create a table in Word so that when the contents of
certain rows are added the result will produce on of several answers.

Basically,

If result is less than 1 - Poor
If result is greater than 0 but less than 11 - Average
If result is greater than 10 but less than 21 - Good
If result is greater than 21 - Very Good

Firstly, is it possible to do this in Word (I prefer the look of Word
to Excel) and secondly, if so how ?

All help gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Apart from the fact you've got overlapping ranges, you could code a series of nested IF fields as:
{IF{REF Result} 1 "Poor" {IF{REF Result} 11 "Average" {IF{REF Result} 21 "Good" "Very Good"}}}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]