Can you sort a document by Name??

Old March 19th 07, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CarrieLu[_2_]

Default Can you sort a document by Name??

Hiya all you Word experts out there I am trying to find out if you
can sort a LARGE document, say 800 subpoenas, by using a certain
field?

What I am doing is I create 800+ subpoenas and 150 of them go to the
same person, 20 go to another and so on...so if I could sort them by
name that would be awesome.

Thanks!! Carrie

--
CarrieLu
Old March 19th 07, 08:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

If you've used a heading style for the name, display the document in Outline
view, show only the headings, select, then use Sort from the Table menu.