Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GB[_2_] GB[_2_] is offline

Default Change doc template on the fly

I have a couple of different templates for new documents. One of them has my
letter head in.

Quite often, I just start typing in the default template, having forgotten
to open a new document with the letterhead template. If I then save my work
I can then open a new letterheaded document and import it. However, it would
be really really nice just to apply the letterheaded template to the current
document. Is there any way to do that please? (I use Word 97, by the way.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No, no easy way. You can apply any template to an existing document, but
that affects only the styles, not the page set-up or headers and footers.

"GB" wrote in message
I have a couple of different templates for new documents. One of them has
my letter head in.

Quite often, I just start typing in the default template, having forgotten
to open a new document with the letterhead template. If I then save my
work I can then open a new letterheaded document and import it. However,
it would be really really nice just to apply the letterheaded template to
the current document. Is there any way to do that please? (I use Word 97,
by the way.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GB[_2_] GB[_2_] is offline

"Jezebel" wrote in message
No, no easy way. You can apply any template to an existing document, but
that affects only the styles, not the page set-up or headers and footers.

Thanks. At least I can stop figuring out how to do it.