Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Sculley Bob Sculley is offline

Default Save document to a web address

I want to be able to both open and save documents to a web (http://) address
using Word 2003. This works fine for opening the document, but it is always
opened "read only" and cannot be saved to the same address from which it was
opened. When "save as..." is attempted, the message is "cannot find the url
'[web address]', please check your typing."

Why is the document always opened "read only"?
Why can I not save a document to a web folder? The tip in the file name
field on the save dialog indicates that this should be possible.

I have done as much research on this as I can and have not found any
resolution.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Bob Sculley
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lex De Leuke Lex De Leuke is offline

I have got the same question, I am using sharepoint server. Do you?
You need to have write access to that web address of course. Do you
have?

Bob Sculley (nospam) schreef:

I want to be able to both open and save documents to a web (http://) address
using Word 2003. This works fine for opening the document, but it is always
opened "read only" and cannot be saved to the same address from which it was
opened. When "save as..." is attempted, the message is "cannot find the url
'[web address]', please check your typing."

Why is the document always opened "read only"?
Why can I not save a document to a web folder? The tip in the file name
field on the save dialog indicates that this should be possible.

I have done as much research on this as I can and have not found any
resolution.

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Bob Sculley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Sculley Bob Sculley is offline

I am not using Sharepoint, but I have given all the privledges I can think of
to the web directory, both in the file system and using the web admin tool.
--
Bob Sculley