Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC

Default Appendix following reference section using endnotes

I am working on a document where I have used automatic endnotes. This
document also requires an appendix AFTER the reference section where the
endnote references are placed. I cannot insert any page breaks after the
reference section. Is there any way to place something after the endnotes?
I can't even insert a section break.
--
LAC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Insert a section break *before* the endnotes. Set the endnotes
to appear at the end of the section (instead of at the end of the
document). Place your appendix after the section break.

LAC wrote:

I am working on a document where I have used automatic endnotes. This
document also requires an appendix AFTER the reference section where the
endnote references are placed. I cannot insert any page breaks after the
reference section. Is there any way to place something after the endnotes?
I can't even insert a section break.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAC

Susan,

I got this to work in the first document I tried it in, but can't get it to
work a second time. I can't seem to get the endnotesto stay in "suppressed
in whole document" so that I can set up the sections according to the
instructions. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Linda
--
LAC

"LAC" wrote in message
I am working on a document where I have used automatic endnotes. This
document also requires an appendix AFTER the reference section where the
endnote references are placed. I cannot insert any page breaks after the
reference section. Is there any way to place something after the

endnotes?
I can't even insert a section break.
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may have to suppress them in each section individually.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...TextAfterNotes

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LAC" wrote in message
I am working on a document where I have used automatic endnotes. This
document also requires an appendix AFTER the reference section where

the
endnote references are placed. I cannot insert any page breaks after

the
reference section. Is there any way to place something after the

endnotes?
I can't even insert a section break.
--
LAC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

This is all fine and dandy, BUT what can one do if there are already a number
of section breaks throughout the document due to orientation changes to
accomodate table?

What happens is that the endnotes jump to the first section break, not the
one I'm after.

Cheers Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to suppress endnotes in every section where you don't want them.
See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes

http://word.mvps.org

"Sean" wrote in message
This is all fine and dandy, BUT what can one do if there are already a
number
of section breaks throughout the document due to orientation changes to
accomodate table?

What happens is that the endnotes jump to the first section break, not the
one I'm after.

Cheers Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Thank Suzanne

Worked a treat. As you suppress endnotes at each section break, you see them
jumping to the next, then the next, until they are positioned at the break
you are after.

Cheers Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Great Suzanne, worked a treat.

In fact I found one of your answers on another post.

The very fitting analogy is ...like herding the endnotes to the section
break you want.

Thankyou Sean