Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy A.A.

Default merge document database lost

I've created a master document for labels and used the wizard to create a
database attached to that document. I've edited the database after opening
the document, but now the attachment is possibly corrupted and the database
will not open when I click on the edit database icon. How can I access this
database to which I've added many, many entries?? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D

If you created your 'database' using the Word mail merge options it should be
saved as a document with data laid out as a table. See if you can find the
document and open it normally. If so your data is not corrupted so try
re-naming it and changing the data source.
HTH

Sheila

"Nancy A.A." wrote:

I've created a master document for labels and used the wizard to create a
database attached to that document. I've edited the database after opening
the document, but now the attachment is possibly corrupted and the database
will not open when I click on the edit database icon. How can I access this
database to which I've added many, many entries?? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy A.A.

I guess that's my question, how do I find the data, even if it is in a
document somewhere, what would it be named, where would it be? I did use the
mm wizard to create the "database". Thanks!!

"Nancy A.A." wrote:

I've created a master document for labels and used the wizard to create a
database attached to that document. I've edited the database after opening
the document, but now the attachment is possibly corrupted and the database
will not open when I click on the edit database icon. How can I access this
database to which I've added many, many entries?? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D

When you created it you would have been asked to give it a name which will
have a normal .doc file extension - you should be able to find the name by
looking at the data source, use the Mail Merge Task Pane if you have XP or
2003 else you will find it under Tools, Mail Merge. Good Luck

Sheila

"Nancy A.A." wrote:

I've created a master document for labels and used the wizard to create a
database attached to that document. I've edited the database after opening
the document, but now the attachment is possibly corrupted and the database
will not open when I click on the edit database icon. How can I access this
database to which I've added many, many entries?? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Add the old mailmerge helper to the mailmerge toolbar (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) The 'data source'
section will list the name of the data file.