Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MR MR is offline

Default Auto Text Stopped Working

On my home computer and both my two office PC's the Auto Text feature stopped
working anod no longer helps out with dates or salutations. I have office
pro 2003 on all three machines and windows xp. This is puzzling? The "show
auto complete suggestions" box is clicked on but nothing works. Strangely
enough this happend about the first of the year but I don't know if this is
an actual program glitch or something else. By the way... the school where
my wife works is having the same issue with their PC's. Help anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MR MR is offline

John,

Thanks for the reply!

All of the Auto Text entries are there on all three PC's. The normal
salutations such as To Whom It May Concern and so on. That's actually the
first thing I checked. Also the "complete suggestions" box is checked so it
shoud be working. I even unchecked the box exited out of WORD then went back
and rechecked the box but it did not resolve the problem.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

First place to look is your Normal template, and see if the AutoText entries
are actually still there.

Go to InsertAutoTextAutoText... and tell me what items you see in that
list...

Cheers

On 27/1/07 12:01 AM, in article
, "MR"
wrote:

On my home computer and both my two office PC's the Auto Text feature stopped
working anod no longer helps out with dates or salutations. I have office
pro 2003 on all three machines and windows xp. This is puzzling? The "show
auto complete suggestions" box is clicked on but nothing works. Strangely
enough this happend about the first of the year but I don't know if this is
an actual program glitch or something else. By the way... the school where
my wife works is having the same issue with their PC's. Help anyone?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410