Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marion

Default Reviewing Pane shouldn't randomly hide/show comments or ignore kys

Problem 1) When viewing the contents of the Reviewing Pane (just comments,
not revisions), the header&body, or sometimes just the body of a particular
comment sometimes disappears. Then it comes back. Then it disappears (usually
when I'm trying to add some text to it!). Then it comes back. etc. All this
silliness is triggered by moving focus between the main doc body and the
revision panel, or using arrow keys or mouse-clicks in the revision panel -
as you'd normally do when navigationg/reviewing.Very aggravating when trying
to add a response to a comment entered by someone else.

Problem 2) When editing a comment in the Reviewing Pane, Word sometimes
swallows a clump of keystrokes (sending them to that great bit-bucket in the
sky, I guess). Then I have to type in that text again. Or delete that block
of text again.

Word 2003 (11.5604.5606), IE6 on WinXP.

Has anyone else encountered problems like this, and have any suggestions for
how to make it better?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFyaW9u?=,

I've encountered similar things; even discussed them with Microsoft. Usually,
the response is that they can't duplicate the problem, and I should try updating
my graphics card driver.

FWIW, when I see it, it's usually with a document created or edited in an
earlier version of Word (or a template created in an earlier version).

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)