Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
farrah farrah is offline

Default how do i unlock the modification tool?

i went to change information in one of my documents and i see a message on
the bottom of the screen that says "this modification is not allowed because
the selection is locked." how do i unlock this setting and how did this
setting even turn on?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I've no idea exactly how you did it, but if it wasn't intentionally done by
you or another user most likely an inadvertent trip through the Protect
Document Task Pane is what has caused the problem

You should be able to resolve it if you go to ToolsUnProtect Document...
Hopefully you didn't also "accidently" use a password

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones