Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hawkeye46 Hawkeye46 is offline

Default Typing in text box changed to vertical

I have seen this before and I can't remember how I fixed it, but a document
that one of my users is working has one particular text box that all of the
typing is vertical rather than horizontal. She check to make sure the
default was horizontal, so that is not the problem. I think it has somthing
to do with the font, I THINK in the page setup or in the print layout. Some
odd thing. This is just the one little box, and not the entire document.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hawkeye46 wrote:
I have seen this before and I can't remember how I fixed it, but a
document that one of my users is working has one particular text box
that all of the typing is vertical rather than horizontal. She check
to make sure the default was horizontal, so that is not the problem.
I think it has somthing to do with the font, I THINK in the page
setup or in the print layout. Some odd thing. This is just the one
little box, and not the entire document.

Any ideas?

If the individual letters are upright, but in a single column, the most
likely cause is that the paragraph indents are set too large. With the
cursor inside the text box, look at Format Paragraph. It's also possible
that the box's internal margins are too large -- look in Format Text Box
Text Box. Either or both of these would give the same effect.

If the letters are sideways, so it looks like the whole text has been
rotated, use Format Text Direction (or the Change Text Direction button on
the Text Box toolbar) to change it back to normal orientation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman