Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
k8calkin k8calkin is offline

Default how do i remove documents from "recent document" list?

I recently renamed a file and can't get rid of the old file name on my recent
documents list. It's kind of bugging me. I'm using Microsoft Office Word
2007 if that helps.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

k8calkin wrote:
I recently renamed a file and can't get rid of the old file name on
my recent documents list. It's kind of bugging me. I'm using
Microsoft Office Word 2007 if that helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Graham,

Presumably, if you change the line:
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = 8
the 9th & subsequent items would be deleted from the MRU list. If so, the OP might be better off to change the 0 to 1 less than the
unwanted item's position in the list.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

k8calkin wrote:
I recently renamed a file and can't get rid of the old file name on
my recent documents list. It's kind of bugging me. I'm using
Microsoft Office Word 2007 if that helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I guess that should work, but if you want to pick out odd items from the
list foir deletion, Greg;s recent file list editor does that effectively and
is available as an add-in from the link posted.