Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cesi2d cesi2d is offline

Default problem with excel embeded object

Hi,

With Office 2007 ,
we have a word template , including an excel sheet

on 2 computers , when creating a word document from this template ,
and double clicking on the excel object , word say:
"this object was created with Excel. the application was not found
please install an application to modify this object"
(not the exact message , it is in french)

but on this computers , Excel work well !!

I think , the problem is inside the registry but where ?

please can you help me ?

regards

Luc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott L Grimes Scott L Grimes is offline

On Feb 6, 5:46 am, cesi2d wrote:
Hi,

With Office 2007 ,
we have a word template , including an excel sheet

on 2 computers , when creating a word document from this template ,
and double clicking on the excel object , word say:
"this object was created with Excel. the application was not found
please install an application to modify this object"
(not the exact message , it is in french)

but on this computers , Excel work well !!

I think , the problem is inside the registry but where ?

please can you help me ?

regards

Luc

While I'm not sure if this will help you, I ran a repair of Office and
rebooted the computer and the spreadsheet embedded in the Word
document was once again editable in Word. This was for Office 2003 on
XP Pro, both fully patched (with publicly available patches at least).

I hope this helps!

Scott L Grimes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

I'm getting a similar message (see below) with Office 2007 and XP. The crazy
thing is, embedding a small (25 cell) Excel 2007 spreadsheet in a Word 2007
used to work a few months ago. Now it doesn't.

WORD ERROR MESSAGE
"The server aplication, source file, or item cannot be found.
Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been
deleted, moved, renamed, or blocked by policy".

I've tried installing the suggested fix at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919066/en-us It installed fine. I tried
rebooting but I still can't make it work.

I also tried installing the SP1 for Office 2007, but that didn't fix it
either. I also tried office diagnostics (nothing wrong).

Any ideas?