Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexandre Duarte

Default Format text in a .PDF document

Hi everyone
Can anyone help me about formatting text in a PDF file?
I've tried to save as the .pdf file in .doc format but the output was
terrible!!
The copy file to clipboard option it's a little better but I hope there's a
better way!!
Thanks
Alexandre Duarte
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue

Hello Alexandre,

What I do is from my Word document, I do a Print to Adobe PDF. Just do a
File - Print - then select Adobe PDF from the list of printers. Works like
a charm for us and we use it A LOT!!!

Good Luck!
Sue from Canada

"Alexandre Duarte" wrote:

Hi everyone
Can anyone help me about formatting text in a PDF file?
I've tried to save as the .pdf file in .doc format but the output was
terrible!!
The copy file to clipboard option it's a little better but I hope there's a
better way!!
Thanks
Alexandre Duarte

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

I understood the question to be the reverse of what Sue suggests. I believe
Alexandre has a PDF which he wants to convert to Word, not vice versa. Adobe
Acrobat can do that, provided that the document has not been locked, and
there are also third-party utilities
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alexandre Duarte

right Ted. The document is not locked. Can you inlight me with a option to
acomplish my task?
Alexandre

"TedMi" escreveu:

I understood the question to be the reverse of what Sue suggests. I believe
Alexandre has a PDF which he wants to convert to Word, not vice versa. Adobe
Acrobat can do that, provided that the document has not been locked, and
there are also third-party utilities
--
Ted

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word has no facility to edit or create PDF documents. You will need third
party software. PDF is a graphics format that was not intended to be edited
and how successful a conversion will be will depend on what is actually
contained in it. There are several thirdparty tools that can extract the
text such as pdf2word and pdf2text, or you could use compatible OCR software
such as Finereader. If you have access to the full version of Acrobat and
the document is not protected against editing, you might be able to use
that. It depends what was stored in the PDF.