Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marti marti is offline

Default how do i timestamp paragraphs of text

Hello,
Is it possible to timestamp paragraphs of text as I transcribe them to
coincide with the tape I'm transcribing from?

Thank yoU!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless you have not explained yourself very well, I doubt that what you ask
is remotely possible. How is Word going to know what the times are on your
tape, unless you simply type them into the document?

If on the other hand you are asking how to insert the *current* time on your
document then that is easy enough. The following macro will insert the
current time (as text) in the document at the cursor position:

Sub InsertTimeLowerCase()
With Selection
.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseStart
.InsertAfter Format(Time(), "h:mm" & Chr(160) & "am/pm")
.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
End With
End Sub