Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Mike is offline

Default page width

How do I get Word to open (as default) my douments in the 'Page Width' view?

Also, how do I make a 'view page width' button on my toolbar? (note, I
looked in the customize options and page view is not listed as far as I can
see.) All I have been able to do is assign a shortcut key.

As an aside, I think the 'page width' view is ideal for final editing of a
document. For us presbyopic folks, it makes the text big enough to read
without spectacles, yet it shows the print formating.

Thanks, Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

To set the default zoom to Page Width, you need to save that setting to your
Normal.dot. See this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

In the Customize dialog box Commands tab, you will find the command as
follows:
In the Categories list, select All Commands. Then you should be able to
locate ViewZoomPageWidth in the Commands list. You can then drag it to a
toolbar.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Mike" wrote:

How do I get Word to open (as default) my douments in the 'Page Width' view?

Also, how do I make a 'view page width' button on my toolbar? (note, I
looked in the customize options and page view is not listed as far as I can
see.) All I have been able to do is assign a shortcut key.

As an aside, I think the 'page width' view is ideal for final editing of a
document. For us presbyopic folks, it makes the text big enough to read
without spectacles, yet it shows the print formating.

Thanks, Mike

word 2007--change copy from 1/2 of width of page to full width of page? [email protected] New Users 4 February 12th 07 02:07 PM
Page width bogreen Page Layout 2 January 28th 07 03:26 AM
How to replace full-width characters and numbers with half-width ones? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 August 15th 06 11:52 PM
page width Desperate Page Layout 1 February 16th 06 01:07 PM
column width versus cell width 2dogs Tables 12 October 12th 05 01:54 AM