Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Diane Diane is offline

Default Programming for Outlook "Check Names"

Group,
Using OFFICE 2007

Within MSWORD, I created a vba script that completes a mail merge using
Excel as the data source. All works well, until there is an invalid email
address, such as missing "@", or missing ".net, .org, etc...

I realize now this error is actually coming from Outlook as it is sending
the email, I've turned off the option for "check names" from
Outlook/tools/options/email/advance, although this does not stop the error
from haulting the mail merge process. Since this mail merge/email process
completes during off-time hours, it is necessary that I am able to prevent
this error. Is it possible to intercept an Outlook error during a MS WORD
mail merge process.

Thanks,