Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShariLee

Default Is there an easy way to merge multiple Word Docs into 1 Lrg doc?

I have 125 individual pages that I wish to merge into one document. Is there
any quick trick to merge them into one document rather than copy and pasting
individually?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi ShariLee-

This is not the only way & probably not the _preferred_ way, but it is the
fastest & easiest I know of if the files are a) in the same folder & b)
listed in the order you want them in the finished doc (or if order is not
important initially, to be rearranged later in Outline View for example).

Start with a new blank doc, go to InsertFile. Click the name of he first
file, Shift+Click the name of the last file, then click Insert.

If the files are not in order you can click to select the _last_ one, then
Ctrl+Click each of the others in last-to-first instead of the Shift+Click
mentioned above.

Either way the original files will not be affected, just copied into the new
doc. Depending on how much content each of the originals has, the pagination
may have to be adjusted, but you can work with the new file as a 'whole' as
though it started out that way.

Regards |:)

"ShariLee" wrote:

I have 125 individual pages that I wish to merge into one document. Is there
any quick trick to merge them into one document rather than copy and pasting
individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShariLee

Default Is there an easy way to merge multiple Word Docs into 1 Lrg do

Thank you! My boss is writing a book and has created each individual page as
a document and now is finally ready to put them together and send them to his
editor and neither of us knew of a quick way to do it. If anyone else has
any other ideas, we would appreciate them. I have shared your answer with
him and he will give it a try and let me know how it works. Have a good
night!

In Gratitude!
SL

"ShariLee" wrote:

I have 125 individual pages that I wish to merge into one document. Is there
any quick trick to merge them into one document rather than copy and pasting
individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShariLee

Thank you, Suzanne!