Jeremy Whiteman

Default automatically changing the path to an attached document template?

tHi:
recently a client of mine made some some changes to some file locations. We
relocated our workgroup templates to a new server. Everyone's copy of word
was redirected to the new location (for the workgroup templates) and the
server was retired soon thereafter.

We have since been advised that users are having significant delays opening
certain word documents. After some research, we found out that when these
documents finally open, if you went to tools and templates and add-ins - the
OLD path to where that base template was located is being referenced. We
have no way of knowing how many hundreds (if not thousands ) of files
still have the invalid path attached in these documents. Is there any way to
do a "behind the scenes" change to have the paths repointed to the correct
location?

Thanks.
LarryranTX

Because of several issues (like this one), many of us have made a concious
decision to require that the Global Template (and several General Templates)
reside on each machine.

Larry Randall