ROBE7234

Default How do I hyperlink from Word to an embedded Excel spreadsheet's ce

Not sure if this is possible..but..

Does anyone know how to create a link to a cell in a spreadsheet you already
have embedded in a word document? We only want to forward one document, the
word document, but have a couple of spreadsheets embedded. Now, I am
supposed to figure out how to create hyperlinks to actual cells within the
embedded spreadsheets. Looks like it would take a macro because I am asking
Word to open another object, right?
Gilley

Open your Excel spreadsheet.
Locate the cell(s) you need in your Word doc.
Copy the cells (Edit | Copy).
Go to your Word doc.
Paste the cells (Edit | PASTE SPECIAL).
Select the option to link to the spreadsheet. (This will make the Word doc
always grab the lastest from the Excel file.)

Hope this helps,

Gilley

"ROBE7234" wrote:

Not sure if this is possible..but..

Does anyone know how to create a link to a cell in a spreadsheet you already
have embedded in a word document? We only want to forward one document, the
word document, but have a couple of spreadsheets embedded. Now, I am
supposed to figure out how to create hyperlinks to actual cells within the
embedded spreadsheets. Looks like it would take a macro because I am asking
Word to open another object, right?

Robe7234

Hi Gilley,
But the problem is, I would have to forward both docs (excel and word) to
the next users. I cannot do this. Only supposed to forward one doc..just
the Word. That is why I had to embed the Excel spreadsheet. I need to
create a link to a cell within the Excel spreadsheet, if possible.

"ROBE7234" wrote:

Not sure if this is possible..but..

Does anyone know how to create a link to a cell in a spreadsheet you already
have embedded in a word document? We only want to forward one document, the
word document, but have a couple of spreadsheets embedded. Now, I am
supposed to figure out how to create hyperlinks to actual cells within the
embedded spreadsheets. Looks like it would take a macro because I am asking
Word to open another object, right?

Gilley

I just tested copying/pasting specific cells from Excel to a Word doc. This
doesn't require that both files be e-mailed. The only one you would need to
send it the Word doc.

You can also use the method I described below just don't select the "Link"
option. This also embed the cells from Excel into the Word doc so that only
the Word doc can be sent.

I tested both of these methods then taking the two Word docs to another
computer and opening them. The only difference is the way the Word handled
the cells.

With the standard copy/paste method, Word treated the cells from Excel like
a table. With the Past Special method, Word treated the cells like cells
from Excel. You can double-click on the 'spreadsheet' and it behaves like
Excel. The original Excel source file wasn't on the second computer.

I hope I am not misunderstanding your problem. You can only send one
document. Correct? Then either of these methods should work for you.

Regards,

Gilley

"ROBE7234" wrote:

Not sure if this is possible..but..

Does anyone know how to create a link to a cell in a spreadsheet you already
have embedded in a word document? We only want to forward one document, the
word document, but have a couple of spreadsheets embedded. Now, I am
supposed to figure out how to create hyperlinks to actual cells within the
embedded spreadsheets. Looks like it would take a macro because I am asking
Word to open another object, right?

Gilley

Disregard my last post. I completely misunderstood your dilema. You need to
hyperlink from one location in a Word document to a specific location in an
embedded spreadsheet within that Word document.

Correct????

SORRY for the confusion.

"ROBE7234" wrote:

Not sure if this is possible..but..

Does anyone know how to create a link to a cell in a spreadsheet you already
have embedded in a word document? We only want to forward one document, the
word document, but have a couple of spreadsheets embedded. Now, I am
supposed to figure out how to create hyperlinks to actual cells within the
embedded spreadsheets. Looks like it would take a macro because I am asking
Word to open another object, right?

Robe7234

Yes, that's it exactly. I already have an Excel spreadsheet embedded in my
Word document. What is required now, is for me to create a link to a cell
within the Excel spreadsheet, already embedded. I think its too much for
Word to do.