Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kbremer kbremer is offline

Default How do I hide the Office clipboard icon?

How do I hide the Office clipboard icon on my screen? When I am copy/pasting
information, the clipboard icon appears right over the area where I am trying
to paste, and hides the text around my paste destination, making it difficult
to put the pasted item in the correct place. I have tried selecting the
options for the Office clipboard to turn it off, but it still does not stop
the icon from appearing on my page right where I need to paste.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you disabled the Paste Options button in the appropriate place in your
version of Word (which you haven't told us)?

http://word.mvps.org

"kbremer" wrote in message
How do I hide the Office clipboard icon on my screen? When I am
copy/pasting
information, the clipboard icon appears right over the area where I am
trying
to paste, and hides the text around my paste destination, making it
difficult
to put the pasted item in the correct place. I have tried selecting the
options for the Office clipboard to turn it off, but it still does not
stop
the icon from appearing on my page right where I need to paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kbremer kbremer is offline

Sorry, I have Word 2002, and Windows XP. I'm not sure where to find the
Paste Options button. Is that on the toolbar? Thanks

"kbremer" wrote in message
How do I hide the Office clipboard icon on my screen? When I am
copy/pasting
information, the clipboard icon appears right over the area where I am
trying
to paste, and hides the text around my paste destination, making it
difficult
to put the pasted item in the correct place. I have tried selecting the
options for the Office clipboard to turn it off, but it still does not
stop
the icon from appearing on my page right where I need to paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2002, the check box for the Paste Options button is on the Edit tab
of Tools | Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"kbremer" wrote in message
How do I hide the Office clipboard icon on my screen? When I am
copy/pasting
information, the clipboard icon appears right over the area where I am
trying
to paste, and hides the text around my paste destination, making it
difficult
to put the pasted item in the correct place. I have tried selecting
the
options for the Office clipboard to turn it off, but it still does not
stop
the icon from appearing on my page right where I need to paste.

How to permantently hide clipboard pane on the right side of Word/Excel 2003? Goran Ivanic New Users 1 May 8th 08 11:05 AM
How to turn off clipboard icon in word? MikeFike Microsoft Word Help 1 February 28th 08 07:05 PM
icon on clipboard stuck, nothing else can be copied, ideas? Evans Microsoft Word Help 0 July 18th 05 07:29 PM
Clipboard Icon Sue Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 05 05:31 PM
Tame or kill the Word 2003 paste-clipboard icon Mark Tangard New Users 2 January 17th 05 07:55 AM