Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim, Auburn, CA Jim, Auburn, CA is offline

Default How can I create auto complete paragraphs in Office 2007?

I frequently used the auto complete feature in Office 2003 to type various
routine phrases and paragraphs in MS Word. I recently up graded to Office
2007 and it does not seem to have an auto-complete feature in MS Word or
Outlook except for months of the year and week days.

The "quick parts" option in Office 2007 will allow you to input routine
phrases and paragraphs, but it requires plenty of finding and clicking
through menus and it is certainly not quick. Is it possible to create these
"quick parts" as auto complete text with a couple of key strokes in Word and
e-mail messages in Outlook?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim, Auburn, CA[_2_] Jim, Auburn, CA[_2_] is offline

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your help. It appears that I must first set up the text that
I want to use as an auto complete item as a building block in "quick parts"
and then follow your directions to get the text to print automatically.

I will say that your tip was very helpful, but this issue is not adequately
address in the Word help section.

Best regards and thanks again,
Jim

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can still insert AutoText entries by typing the first few letters and
pressing F3.

"Jim, Auburn, CA" Jim, Auburn, wrote in
message ...