Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juboe Juboe is offline

Default numbered lists

I am a medical transcriptionist. I sometimes copy and paste medication lists
from one note to another. My problem is that when I try to add an entry to
an already copied list, Word will not continue numbering in my list. This had
worked for me at one time but I cannot figure out what to do to make it work
again. I work against the clock and anything to keep me from typing
unnecessary keystrokes would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance. I hope I made this where someone could understand
what I am talking about.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juboe Juboe is offline

My version is Word 2003 and yes before I had always just hit Enter for my
numbered list to continue on numbering for the next medication.

On Dec 29, 4:30 pm, Juboe wrote:
I am a medical transcriptionist. I sometimes copy and paste medication lists
from one note to another. My problem is that when I try to add an entry to
an already copied list, Word will not continue numbering in my list. This had
worked for me at one time but I cannot figure out what to do to make it work
again. I work against the clock and anything to keep me from typing
unnecessary keystrokes would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance. I hope I made this where someone could understand
what I am talking about.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure that the "Style for following paragraph" for your numbered style
is not set to another (unnumbered) style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Dec 29, 4:30 pm, Juboe wrote:
I am a medical transcriptionist. I sometimes copy and paste medication
lists
from one note to another. My problem is that when I try to add an
entry to
an already copied list, Word will not continue numbering in my list.
This had
worked for me at one time but I cannot figure out what to do to make it
work
again. I work against the clock and anything to keep me from typing
unnecessary keystrokes would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance. I hope I made this where someone could
understand
what I am talking about.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juboe Juboe is offline

I am not sure what I have done? How can I take it all back to default and
then I can start from there. Can you show me a tutorial of what you are
talking about?

Thanks,
Juboe

On Dec 29, 4:30 pm, Juboe wrote:
I am a medical transcriptionist. I sometimes copy and paste medication
lists
from one note to another. My problem is that when I try to add an
entry to
an already copied list, Word will not continue numbering in my list.
This had
worked for me at one time but I cannot figure out what to do to make it
work
again. I work against the clock and anything to keep me from typing
unnecessary keystrokes would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance. I hope I made this where someone could
understand
what I am talking about.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Styles & Formatting panel, right-click on the name of the
numbered style, choose Modify, and near the top of the panel that
opens is a box for the style of the next paragraph (meaning the one
that happens when you type Enter at the end of the paragraph). Be sure
that box contains the name of the same style (rather than Normal or No
Style).