kvalruss

Default How do I delete a pair of floating horizontal bars?

A pair of horizontal bars has appeared in my document. They act like a pane,
because I can pull them to create extra space between lines, but I cannot
hilight or delete them. If I backspace or delete the line before or after
the double bars, the bars simply float to a different area of my document.
Carol

Try this:

Format | Borders and Shading and select None.

Failing that, see if you can right-click on the "frame" and select delete or
cut from there.

If you are still experiencing problems, post back here and we'll go from
there.

"kvalruss" wrote:

A pair of horizontal bars has appeared in my document. They act like a pane,
because I can pull them to create extra space between lines, but I cannot
hilight or delete them. If I backspace or delete the line before or after
the double bars, the bars simply float to a different area of my document.

MdF

Have you tried clicking on the line itself to make sure that it isn't an
Autoshape? You may not be able to see where it is anchored without clicking
on the Show/Hide Icon (the one that looks like a backwards "P") before
clicking on the line.

"kvalruss" wrote:

A pair of horizontal bars has appeared in my document. They act like a pane,
because I can pull them to create extra space between lines, but I cannot
hilight or delete them. If I backspace or delete the line before or after
the double bars, the bars simply float to a different area of my document.

kvalruss

Thanks Carol,

The Format | Borders and Shading and select None did the trick.

Best wishes,

-kvalruss