Toddacro

Default Workaround? The StyleRef in the header gets last in paragraph

So I have a document that has multiple character styles in each paragraph. I
want to reference the first one on the even pages (easy) and the last one to
show up on the odd pages (hard).
It's hard because word searches "up from the bottom", but doesn't start
where it is breaking the page, it starts at the bottom of the last paragraph
started on page2 and gets that character style.
This is particularly frustrating when the paragraph is continued on page 3
(and, you know what happens...)--the odd page header picks up the first
reference, which is sequentially BEFORE the header on page 2.

Is there a way to get the REAL last styleref on the page, and not just the
last in the paragraph?
Klaus Linke

The only work-around I can think of is to keep the lines of each =
paragraph together:
Format Paragraph Line and page breaks

If your paragraphs can span lots of lines, this obviously isn't a very =
good solution :-(

The developers probably had mostly paragraph styles in mind when they =
developed the styleref fields.
You could try to send feedback to Microsoft asking to fix this issue =
with character styles (by posting a suggestion in the web interface =
you're using).

Regards,
Klaus

"Toddacro" wrote:
So I have a document that has multiple character styles in each =

paragraph.=20
I want to reference the first one on the even pages (easy) and the =

last=20
one to show up on the odd pages (hard).=20
It's hard because word searches "up from the bottom", but doesn't =

start=20
where it is breaking the page, it starts at the bottom of the last =

paragraph=20
started on page2 and gets that character style.=20
This is particularly frustrating when the paragraph is continued on =

page 3=20
(and, you know what happens...)--the odd page header picks up the=20
first reference, which is sequentially BEFORE the header on page 2.
=20