Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kofikakraba

Default How do I make a list of acronyms in a report

I would like the list to look like the table of contents style
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I assume that your list of acronyms needs to have a description of what each
acronym means. If so, that's a glossary, and Word has no in-built way to
create one.

For workarounds, see
How to create a glossary
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/glossary/glossary.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"Kofikakraba" wrote in message
I would like the list to look like the table of contents style

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al

?B?S29maWtha3JhYmE=?=
wrote in :

I would like the list to look like the table of contents style

Do a find/Replace with wildcards:
Find [A-Z]{2,}
This is Beginning of word, at least 2 chars A-Z, end of word
Replace with:
~^p^&^p and a unique style not found in document. (the tilde is an
unused character in document) (I use Body Text 2)
Then do a Find ~^p style Body Text 2
Replace with ^p style Normal.
The result is a paragraph with each acronym with a unique style.
Then Insert a List of figures at the top of the document using Style Body
Text 2.
Copy the TOC, sort and delete duplicates.

Sub SortAndRemoveDuplicatesFromList()
Dim oParagraphs As Paragraphs
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long

Set oParagraphs = Selection.Paragraphs

If oParagraphs.Count 1 Then
Selection.Sort SortOrder:=wdSortOrderAscending
Else
MsgBox "There is no valid selection to sort"
Exit Sub
End If

For i = 1 To oParagraphs.Count
For j = i + 1 To oParagraphs.Count
If oParagraphs(i).Range.Text = oParagraphs(j).Range.Text Then
oParagraphs(j).Range.Delete
j = j - 1
If j = oParagraphs.Count Then Exit Sub
Else