Trevor Williams

Default Printing Colored Background

I have created a document of labels with a black background and white text.
Each label has an image set to 'behind the text'.
When the document is printed the black is NOT printed and therefore the
white text doesn't show up (but the picture does). The same happens whatever
color the background is...

If I set the document background to white, but fill the labels with black
they print ok, but the pictures are lost as they are behind the black label.

Any suggestions?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VHJldm9yIFdpbGxpYW1z?=,

You may be in a no-win situation, here. It sounds as if your plan is in conflict
with the order of the "layers" in a Word document; and there is no way to change
them. Best I can suggest would be to try using a GIF file format as the graphic,
with the background color in the graphic set as "transparent". If that still
doesn't let the background shine through, try layering the GIF over a black
rectangle. Or, even better, change the background color of the graphics in a
graphics program. Lot of work, yes; but Word wasn't really designed for
heavy-duty graphics work.

I have created a document of labels with a black background and white text.
Each label has an image set to 'behind the text'.
When the document is printed the black is NOT printed and therefore the
white text doesn't show up (but the picture does). The same happens whatever
color the background is...

If I set the document background to white, but fill the labels with black
they print ok, but the pictures are lost as they are behind the black label.

Any suggestions?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org