Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Judith Willoughby Judith Willoughby is offline

Default How do I make a document fit on one page if it is multiple pages?

If I have a letter in Word 2000 format that if one or a couple of lines falls
on a second page that I would like all on one page, how do I accomplish this.
In WordPerfect, there is a button called "Make it Fit." Does Word have some
sort of function that works the same as WordPerfect? Please advise. Thank
you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Judith Willoughby wrote:
If I have a letter in Word 2000 format that if one or a couple of
lines falls on a second page that I would like all on one page, how
do I accomplish this. In WordPerfect, there is a button called "Make
it Fit." Does Word have some sort of function that works the same as
WordPerfect? Please advise. Thank you.

There's a Shrink To Fit button on the toolbar in the Print Preview. It isn't
usually the best solution, though. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm for others.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wooster Wooster is offline

Make the left / right and - or top / bottom margins smaller (File, Page
setup, Margin). Make the font smaller or choose a different font. Comic
Sans - for example - takes up more space than Tahoma etc.