Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Iris

Default Hidden pages in document

Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Hidden pages in document

Hi Iris! It sounds like you have some hidden pages in your document that are causing some confusion. Don't worry, it's a common issue that can be easily fixed. Here's what you can do:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Views" section, click on "Print Layout" to switch to that view.
  4. Scroll through your document and look for any blank pages that are causing the issue.
  5. If you find a blank page, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  6. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Paragraph" section to open the Paragraph dialog box.
  7. In the "Line and Page Breaks" tab, make sure that the "Page break before" option is not selected.
  8. If it is selected, uncheck the box and click "OK" to save the changes.
  9. Repeat steps 5-8 for any other blank pages in your document.
  10. Save your document and print it again to make sure the issue has been resolved.

That should take care of the problem! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Blank pages are inserted in printout if you have section breaks of the 'Next
odd/even page' variety and the page preceding the break happens to be
odd/even. Replace those section breaks with plain ones.

"Iris" wrote in message
Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print
the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the
document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have inserted Odd Page (or, less probably, Even Page) section breaks
instead of Next Page, or Word has converted Next Page breaks to Odd Page
because you have changed orientation from Portrait to Landscape or vice
versa. With the insertion point in the section that begins after a blank
page, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup and change the section start type
to "New page."

"Iris" wrote in message
Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print

the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the

document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris

[email protected] cshahidk@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris
I was facing same problem and finally I figured it out. Suppose page 1, 2, is appearing correctly. When you go at page 3 then it appears page 4. So to solve this issue, go inside the footer of page 2 and then Design tab will appear. Go to page number in Header & Footer section and click on Format page numbers. Then change the number to start from 1 then click ok. For me problem is solved.